Press Release #69 (1/7/11)
AFC ASIAN CUP 2011 SOCCER TOURNAMENT IS AVAILABLE
ON CABLE PAY-PER-VIEW STARTING TODAY AND THROUGHOUT JANUARY
International Tournament on Cable PPV in the U.S. for the First Time Ever
New York, Jan, 7 - The Asian Cup 2011, Asia's premiere soccer tournament, will be airing on Pay-Per-View (PPV) on cable for the first time ever in the U.S. beginning today. This high profile quadrennial event features 16 teams from Asia competing for one of international soccer's most sought-after championships. The most popular teams include Japan, South Korea, Australia, China, North Korea and Saudi Arabia. The matches are broadcast in English and all will be telecast live on Pay-Per-View*. All games (except one) will be in High Definition.
Games are available on cable systems from January 7-29, 2011, and can be ordered individually on a Pay-Per-View basis. This event is live from Qatar for the next three weeks. For further information, go to www.indemand.com/events.
Other points of note:
- This is the first major international event staged in Qatar since FIFA selected it to host the 2022 World Cup, and the first major international sports competition since the 2010 World Cup last summer in South Africa.
- All 32 matches are available on PPV, including round one, elimination rounds, the final and the third-place match.
- Round One: Jan 7-19; Elimination Rounds, Jan 21-25; Final and third place match; Jan 28 and 29.
- Games are available via the following cable operators: Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Charter, Mediacom and many other independent affiliates.
- Full list of participating countries: China P.R., Kuwait, Qatar, Uzbekistan, Japan, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Australia, Bahrain, India, Korea Republic, DPR Korea, I.R. Iran, Iraq, United Arab Emirates.
- Past champions are: Iraq, Japan and Saudi Arabia
- *Seven of the games will be aired with a one to three hour delay. All others live. TV-PG rated.
The Asian Cup 2011 is organized by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). It is distributed to cable by iN DEMAND L.L.C., and licensed by One World Sports, a unit of One Media Corp., Inc.
# # #
For more information, please contact email@example.com